10 Easy Steps to Transform Your Business, Part 1
Have you ever been part of a business that does the exact same thing in the exact same way year after year? The business stays afloat and usually keeps its customers, but does a business like this grow? What potential does the business have? Could it be leaving money on the table?
Today and tomorrow, Promotional Consultant Today shares 10 simple ways you can transform your business from Rieva Lesonsky, CEO of GrowBiz Media. Try her easy tips to get out of your rut and have a more profitable business.
1. Update your technology. Assess what technology will help you do business more effectively in the coming year. Do you need to implement Salesforce or other CRM technology? Do your sales teams need tablets? What other technology would support your business in a stronger way? Make a technology roadmap for what you can upgrade now and what you can plan to upgrade or implement later.
2. Get organized. This might sound simple, but clean out your office. Purging piles and files of paper will make you feel lighter and more focused. And encourage departments to do the same. Even online, shared folders get cluttered with old documents and multiple versions of proposals and presentations.
3. Take a lesson. Learn something completely new, such as how to use the latest social media channels for marketing your business, or delve deeper into a subject you already know something about so you can become a real expert. There are dozens of ways to educate yourself these days, from online tutorials and courses to in-person workshops and conferences.
4. Get outside your comfort zone. Try something that truly challenges you, whether that's public speaking, running a half marathon or other physical challenges. Stretching yourself in your personal life will translate to increased confidence in your business, too.
5. Broaden your connections. Reach out to someone you admire and invite them to coffee to pick their brain. Reach out to someone you want to do business with to share ideas about how you could work together. Create an advisory circle of other businesspeople and professionals and meet once a month to get advice and inspiration.
These tips sound easy, right? Read PCT tomorrow for five more easy tips to transform your business.
Source: Rieva Lesonsky is CEO of GrowBiz Media, a media and custom content company focusing on small business and entrepreneurship. Visit her website SmallBizDaily.com to get the scoop on business trends and sign up for her free TrendCast reports.